This document will provide instructions on how to install a Cell Upgrade Kit into an already functional GateHawk Gen3 Video Intercom Unit.
| Functional GateHawk Gen3 Video Intercom Unit
| Cell Upgrade Kit
U.FL adapters x2
Nimbelink modem module x1
- SIM card already installed inside the modem module
In order to improve our product’s performance, LevelUp continuously releases new updates that may impact the product’s modem/cell-connectivity, even after proper installation.
If you’ve completed all of the outlined installation instructions and are experiencing issues, please contact
the appropriate support team for your primary product for troubleshooting assistance.
GateHawk Support Team 602-607-4620
Unpackage the Cell Upgrade Kit and ensure that the required materials are all present.
- IMPORTANT: Please take note of your cell upgrade kit package serial number. It is located on the inside of the box lid and you will need this number later.
- Note: If some or all of your Cell Upgrade Kit materials are missing, do not proceed with the installation and contact GateHawk Support Team 602-607-4620.
Drill holes in the bottom of the unit according to the following specifications:
- Drill 2 holes.
- Center them between the front and back of the unit.
- Each hole should be 2” from its respective side wall of the unit.
- In the Cell Upgrade Kit, there is a template that can be used to match up your holes to the unit, including the pilot holes. The template looks similar to the following diagram:
- Look for the extra gaskets included in the Cell Upgrade Kit. Install them with the antenna on the outside of the box.
- This may require removing the unit from the mounting/pedestal and placing it upside down.
MAKE SURE that no metal debris is left inside the enclosure.
Inspect and ensure that a SIM card is installed in the slot underneath the Nimbelink modem.
Take note of the number on the modem (IMEI).
Take note of the number on the sim card (ICCID). You may need to remove the sim card from the modem in order to see the number.
* You will need this information to request the start of cellular connectivity
from GateHawk later.
Power down the video intercom unit.
IMPORTANT: Installing or removing the Cell Upgrade Kit with the motherboard powered on can cause damage to the modem.
Open up the front panel of the video intercom unit using the key that was included with your purchase of a GateHawk Video Intercom.
Inspect the motherboard.
Find where the modem is to be installed. There should be two black, rectangular ports with 10 holes situated parallel to each other.
Make sure that you have identified the proper orientation by aligning the two circular ports on the motherboard and the Nimbelink modem.
Place the modem into the socket in the correct direction, with circular ports above
- IMPORTANT: When placing the modem ensure the following:
- The motherboard is powered off when placing or removing the modem.
- Correct direction (match printed motherboard circles with circular connectors on modem).
- All pins are situated within the socket properly and no pins from the modem are misaligned or
FAILURE TO PROPERLY PLACE THE MODEM CAN DAMAGE THE MODEM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD IS POWERED ON!
Attach the U.FL adapters to the antennas.
Carefully attach the antennas to the modem via the U.FL connector.
- Make sure the board is powered off when removing or installing an antenna.
- These connectors are small and delicate. Be careful not to apply too much pressure when inserting or tightening.
- Connect the two smaller antenna wires to the modem at X1 and X2. Both antennas can be connected to either port. X1 is the most important of the two.
Power up the unit to ensure Cell Upgrade Kit is working properly.
- IMPORTANT: Before powering on ensure the following:
- The Nimbelink modem is installed correctly with all pins in the correct ports.
- There are secure connections in all ports from antenna to modem.
- After powering on ensure the following:
-The green light on the modem turns on (this can take up to 1 minute).
If you were able to connect the modem, adapter, and antenna to the motherboard, then you should be ready to go!
NOTE: Cell connectivity will not begin until you request activation through your Dealer Portal. Intercom reset may be required after SIM Activation.
Please contact the GateHawk team if you have any questions or need assistance.